Script for DB2 Universal Database using REXX
Автор: Howard Fosdick
If you learn Rexx, you’ll know a scripting language that runs everywhere from mainframes to handhelds—and everything in between. Rexx is a general-purpose language that's powerful enough for mainframes yet flexible enough for other platforms. Best of all, Rexx is easy to learn. Howard Fosdick introduces you to using Rexx with IBM® DB2® Universal Database™.
If you want to learn a quick way to develop database scripts, start here. Rexx scripts not only manipulates IBM® DB2® Universal Database™ (DB2 UDB) data in the same manner as traditional languages, it can issue DB2 commands and use the administrative API to manage and control all aspects of DB2 UDB. Author Howard Fosdick includes lots of examples to get you going.
- The Rexx Language Association is an independent, non-profit organizaiton dedicated to promoting the use and understanding of the Rexx programming language.
- Kilowatt Software's Classic Rexx Tutorial is a free introductory tutorial to the Rexx programming language.
- Ian Collier's Rexx Tutorial is another classic Rexx tutorial.
- Rexx Programmer's Reference is a comprensive book on Rexx.
- The Rexx Language is the original Rexx definition from 1990.
- Review example Rexx scripts.
- More resources are available at the IBM REXX Family page.
Get products and technologies
- Download free Rexx software for Windows, Reginald Rexx plus Windows tools
- Download more free Rexx tools, Regina Rexx plus tools.